Public WRS Advanced Strategies for MSL Group Instruction Course / 2324-4440612F
Dec 11 2023 9:00 AM (EST) - Dec 13 2023 3:00 PM (EST)
9:00AM - 3:00PM EST
Co-Sponsored By: IDA – Florida Branch
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors for successful WRS small-group instruction.
- Review the planning for and execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 and differentiating instruction for maximum group success.
- Develop a word-conscious lesson.
- Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
- Determine how to ensure students successfully access complex text; both literary and informational text structures.
- Understand how to select the appropriate text and tasks for students in order to effectively plan for and deliver fluency and comprehension instruction.
- WRS Level I Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
Three consecutive days (15 hours)